Superstring Theory: Conclusions
B. E. Baaquie and
Marakani Srikant, Department of Physics, National University
- Massless states of the string compose all of the
physical reality observed in our world.
- Masses of observed particles are a 'soft' effect
originating at large distances.
- Spacetime is at least 10-dimensional.
- String theory provides a quantum theory of gravity and
unifies all the interactions and constituents into a
Some important unsolved questions are :
- How to compactify 10 dimensions to 6+4 dimensions?
Alternatively, is our world a 3-brane?
- What is happening at distances smaller than
- How do we experimentally verify the existence of
- We need to develop new mathermatics in areas of algebraic
geometry, Riemann surfaces, affine Lie algebras,
singular geometries, number theory and so on.
Last updated: 06 March, 2000